We aim to make the referral process for General Practitioners as straightforward as possible. One contact is all you need for prompt outpatient review by a psychiatrist and/or admission to Caloundra Private Clinic:
Patient Services Manager
Phone: 07 5492 0277
Fax: 07 5491 9107
Medical Objects: 0055810Y or “Hospital, Caloundra Private”
OR you can refer directly to the Outpatient Clinic
1. GP Referral
- You will need to make an appointment with you GP and ask them to send a referral to our clinic outlining the clinical need for either admission, day programs or the outpatient clinic.
- If you have a referral to our clinic or our psychiatrists within the last 12 months, then you will not need another one.
2. Eligibility Check
- This is a brief introductory phone call to let you know that we have received the referral, to discuss some of the details in that referral and check your insurance details.
- We will discuss the referral with our treating doctors.
- We will likely need to call for further information from you about your symptoms and circumstances related to your admission.
- After the decision has been made by the treating doctor that an admission is required, we will contact you to arrange an admission date and time.
- An email will be sent to you will all the details you will need.
- You will need to complete the Online Admission Form prior to arrival so that everything is ready for your admission.